Some interesting facts about us as Americans and fast food from 2011.
Did you know:
- 52% of Americans felt that doing their taxes WAS EASIER than learning how to eat healthy.
- The average American ate nearly ONE TON of food.
- 29 pounds of that was from French fries.
- 53 gallons of soda.
- Over 10 billion donuts are consumed in a year.
- 20% of all American meals are eaten in the car.
Healthy Options for Eating Out:
- Choose fast food restaurants that offer healthy choices, like fried chick vs. ethnic food. Ethnic fast food will have more low-fat options, unlike fried chicken joints where it's all fried.
- Put more veggies on your pizza: broccoli, bell peppers, or zucchini.
- Stick with regular sized items instead of "super sizing." That $.50 will increase your meal by more than 450 calories and 35 teaspoons of sugar.
- Balance eating out with healthy meals. If you know you're eating out tonight, have a lighter lunch.
- Stay away from all-you-can-eat buffets, it's hard not to overeat!
- Drink water with your meal instead of soda.